Natural remedies to get rid of Type 2 diabetes
With the changing lifestyles and the environment, a lot of diseases have started affecting the lives of a lot of people. Diabetes is one such problem which is an illness related to increased blood sugar levels in the body. Type 2 diabetes is much more common when it comes to diabetes.
Read to know more about this type of diabetes and the ways to get rid of it naturally.
What is a type 2 diabetes?
It is the most common type of diabetes and a chronic condition in which the body either doesn’t produce enough insulin or resists insulin. In short, it affects the way the body processes the blood sugar or the glucose. The pancreas makes more insulin at first but then is not able to properly use or store it resulting in building up of sugar level in the blood.
In some cases, there may be no symptoms but generally following are the symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Blurred vision
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst
- Poor or slower wound healing
- Weight gain or loss
There can be a lot of causes for developing Type 2 diabetes, some of which are:
- Poor diet
- High levels of inflammation
- A sedentary lifestyle
- High amounts of stress
- Hereditary problem (having a family history of diabetes)
- High blood pressure or a history of heart disease
- Suffering from a hormonal condition
- Getting exposed to viruses, toxins or harmful chemicals
Some natural remedies to get rid of it
Following are some of the natural remedies to get rid of type 2 diabetes:
1. Remove these foods from your diet
There certainly are some foods which have a negative effect on the blood sugar level and the first step should be to remove these from your diet. Following are the foods to be excluded immediately:
- Sugar: Body is already unable to process the sugars and carbohydrates and on that adding extra sugar will worsen the situation. Eliminate all the sugar and starch from your diet. It is not only in the chocolate bar, soft drink or the cookies which seem sweat but also in the starchy food which you consume i.e. the bread, cereal, crackers, rice, potatoes, pasta etc.
- Alcohol: It can increase the toxic level of the liver and also the blood sugar. Alcohols which are high in carbohydrates should especially be avoided like the beers and liquors which are sweet.
- Hydrogenated oils: Oils such as vegetable oil, cottonseed oil, soybean oil, and canola oil cause many health problems including diabetes.
- Grains: Grains like wheat contain a lot of carbohydrates and hence should be removed from the diet at least on trial bases.
2. Include and concentrate on these foods
- High fiber: This helps to regulate the blood sugar level, help in detoxification and slow down the pace of glucose absorption. Therefore, have foods such as vegetables, berries, avocados, nuts, and seeds.
- Rich in chromium: Chromium is a nutrient which helps insulin pathways and balances the glucose levels. Broccoli, raw cheese, green beans etc. should be included.
- Clean protein: Organic chicken, eggs, lentils etc. which are rich in protein and help in slowing down the absorption of sugar.
- Healthy fat: Foods like coconut and red palm oil have healthy fats which help to balance the blood sugar level.
- Magnesium-rich food: Foods such as pumpkin, spinach, almond, yogurt can help in glucose metabolism due to the magnesium content present in them.
- Low glycemic load: Stone fruits, coconut, avocados, eggs, non-starchy vegetables which have high glycemic index help fight diabetes.
- Pure water and herbal teas
3. Take natural dietary supplements
Take supplements like fish oil, cinnamon, melon extracts which help regulate the glucose level in the blood and improve the insulin sensitivity of the body.
4. Follow a proper diet
Following a diabetes eating plan is a must in order to balance the blood sugar in the body. A proper combination of foods like clean protein, fiber and healthy fats in your meal.
5. Exercise regularly
It is absolutely essential as it helps in improving the blood sugar control, decreases fat content of the body, helps in building lean muscles and improves the way body reacts to insulin and lipids. Exercises also help to control blood pressure, the health of the heart and improve quality of life.
Type 2 diabetes is a dangerous disease and if not managed properly can lead to various other health conditions like kidney disease, loss of vision, nerve damage and even death. But it is a preventable and reversible condition which can be cured naturally by following a certain diet and changing the lifestyle as stated above. Make the best use of these natural remedies to reduce your chances or get rid of type 2 diabetes. What is required is discipline and a positive attitude towards health and life!