Are you wondering what fibroids actually are? Fibroids are the tumors that breed inside, outside or on the uterus wall. Overproduction of progesterone and estrogen hormones is considered to be a reason for fibroids to occur. Following a required diet will cause the fibroids to starve, shrink and finally die. Just read on to know what fibroids actually are, what they can lead to and how you can chucks out the deadly fibroids.
Problems it can create:
- Pain during periods
- Blocking of the fallopian tubes
What to do?
1. Include certain foods
You can include the fibroid shrinking foods which have anti-estrogen properties to your diet. These will help in reducing the dimension of the fibroids and prevent further growth.
- Vegetables belonging to cabbage families like cabbage, broccoli, bok choy, turnips, kale, watercress, arugula (rocket) and radish help in detoxification of lever. Hence get freedom from excess estrogen. These vegetables are rich in nutrients which might be lost if these are overcooked. Therefore overcooking should be avoided.
- Drinking a lot of water and eating foods like carrots, garlic, artichokes and beets help to detoxify the blood and reducing breast fibroids.
- Eat foods that naturally contain carotenes such as apricots, sweet potato, cantaloupe, spinach, pumpkin and carrots.
- Foods rich in vitamin E such as hazelnuts, wheat germ, cod liver oil and almonds work good too.
- Anti-inflammatory diets which help in decreasing inflammation like fresh rosemary.
- Foods containing antioxidant polyphenol like green tea helps in curbing the actions of estrogen thereby reducing fibroids.
- Do not forget to take a multivitamin (vitamin C, D, E, B1, B2, B3, B12 and B6) every day.
- Have more fruits like oranges, cherries, apples, cabbage and broccoli. Which are nutritious and help in balancing the hormone. Also they help to remove excess estrogen from the body.
- Try and maintain the alkaline-acid balance in the body. Eating less of alkaline foods like vegetables and fruits can lead to the weakening of joints, muscles and bones, diabetes and lot of other heart and health problems.
- Try and maintain a cooked food to raw food ratio as 20:80. Heating foods lead to loss of nutrition and fibers.
- Have pesticide-free fresh fruits and vegetables.
2. Foods To Avoid
We have seen a list of foods to use in the diet above. Now same way there are some foods to avoid in order to regulate the estrogen level in the body.
- Avoid these common items: Alcohol, Red meat, cheese, animal fats, cream, ice cream, chocolate and butter. Also, the white meat fat like chicken and turkey can cut before cooking.
- Instead of full-fat milk, start consuming low-fat milk.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners and hence look for the ingredients label on foods before consuming.
- Soya and soy products are assumed to increase the estrogen levels and therefore should be excluded from the diet.
- Plastic can seep in the food and make a way to your body thereby increasing the estrogen levels. Therefore, avoid storing food in plastic containers or heating in the microwave with plastic wrap on.
- Reduce the consumption of high toxic foods or the ones with a high glycemic index as these promote tumor growth.
- Avoid foods which are labeled as food allergens i.e. which cause body’s immune system to react abnormally. Eggs, Cow’s milk, peanuts, shellfish, fish, tree nuts (like walnuts or cashews), soy, wheat are the foods which are considered to be responsible for 90% of the food allergies.
3. Boost your immune system
Choosing healthy lifestyle automatically helps enhance your immune system.
- Avoid smoke.
- Eat a diet which is rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and low in saturated fat.
- Do exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Keep your blood pressure under control.
- Do not have alcohol and if you drink alcohol, drink only in controlled quantity.
- Get sufficient amount of sleep.
4. Decontaminate your body regularly
To eliminate toxins from your body and lead a healthy life, cleansing your body is a must. You must perform full body cleansing at least once or twice a year.
It is very important to get detoxified and is the main function of the liver. Hence you should eat the herbs which help cleanse and detoxify the liver which will in turn help in controlling the estrogen level in the body thereby reducing fibroids.
So, now we know a lot about fibroids but just knowing about it and these dietary rules will not help. Follow the tips and include the foods available at your home in your diet and live a healthy life without the fibroids and the pain and discomfort it brings along.